The Plant Manager is responsible for ensuring that company manufactures the highest quality products in the industry. This individual will be goal focused and take the actions necessary to drive on time delivery, product quality, lean and cost reductions throughout the factory.
• Establish and achieve weekly / monthly goals as measured by the following kpi.
• On Time Delivery
• Cost / Productivity
• Quality / Scrap / Rework
• Manage direct workforce through a team of supervisors.
• Coordinate people, equipment, machinery and resources to achieve daily build plan.
• Responsible for the hiring, cross training, development, performance management and retention of manufacturing staff.
• Drive capa associated with product quality through the manufacturing floor to insure that any findings or non-conformances are addressed quickly
. • Work with or lead continuous improvement teams to identify opportunities and drive results.
• Partner with quality to insure quality requirements at the shop floor level are understood, adhered to and fully implemented
. • Work closely with service team to address and eliminate any emerging failure modes related to product quality.
• Participate in the development of customer prototypes to insure successful manufacturing introductions.
• Identify with Manufacturing Engineering best Manufacturing practices and implement.
• Foster a culture of lean. Identify and remove elements of waste from the manufacturing value chain.
• Be an advocate for safety. Insist on safe practices throughout the factory and serve in a lead role on our safety team.
• Represent Manufacturing during customer visits and present when required.
• Ready to support customers in different time zones.
• Willing to travel up to 10% domestic when required .
• As a member of the management team, perform additional duties as required. Education / Background
• Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering, Business Management or equivalent experience.
• Prior experience with machining, welding, brazing, assembly-based manufacturing, lean, six sigma and 6S gained while in a similar role for five years minimum
• Experience supporting multiple customers across multiple industries.
• Familiarity with ISO 9001