Platinum Recruiting is currently seeking an EHS Manager that can provide support to multiple locations in North Georgia and Tennessee. This position will be responsible for local travel within a 50-mile radius of Chattanooga. Relocation will not be provided for this position.
Our customer is an international manufacturer of textile products. This position will be responsible for managing, developing and overseeing all aspects of directing a cost effective EHS (Environmental Health and Safety) related activities at the facility. Continuously promote a safe working environment for all associates and comply with all applicable federal, state and local safety and environmental regulations.
- Plan, organize and lead the plant’s environmental, health, and safety management systems and continuous improvement activities.
- Plan and control budgeted EHS expenditures always seeking ways to cut spending without sacrificing the quality or effectiveness of EHS programs.
- Perform safety audits as required.
- Measure and openly report on EHS performance metrics.
- Effectively manage all EHS-related cases, including incident investigation, corrective actions, documentation, and reporting to internal/external parties as appropriate.
- Understand the needs and interests of other departments, and work with those departments to achieve mutually acceptable results.
- Integrate EHS needs with other departments.
- Supervise the maintenance of all material safety data sheets (MSDS’s) to ensure they are up-to-date and readily accessible at all times.
- Maintain employee industrial hygiene (IH) monitoring and related records.
- Develop safety materials for toolbox meetings and classroom/hands-on training.
- Develop annual training plans based on the needs of each department.
- Manage site compliance with all applicable safety and environmental company policies, regulations and/or permits to minimize risks to employees and the organization.
- Ensure that the facility remains in compliance with OSHA, EPA and DOT regulations, as well as other company EHS standards.
- Ensure that all required reports are submitted to meet government (EPA, OSHA, etc.) requirements.
- Prepare and submit all required environmental reports in a timely manner.
- Assist Human Resource (HR) Manager in new employee orientation process, substance abuse program, and employee return-to-work program.
- Assist plant personnel with the evaluation of hazards in the workplace, as well as the implementation of adequate and effective layers of protection to mitigate these hazards.
- Serves as designated leader of the facility safety team and works the Plant Manager and facility managers/supervisors to achieve facility and company objectives.
- Plant resource to local and state agencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in occupational safety and health, environmental science, engineering, or other related technical field. Board certified ASP, OHST, CSP, QEP, CIH or Industrial Hygienist preferred.
5+ working experience in EHS in a manufacturing environment. Familiarity and working knowledge of Federal and State laws and regulations. Experience in conducting hazardous assessments and problem solving. Good working knowledge of regulatory standards (OSHA, EPA, DOT, NFPA fire codes, ANSI standards, etc.).