We are currently seeking a Senior Electrical/ Controls Engineer for one of our customers. This position requires attention to detail and critical thinking.
- Planning, design and execution of electrical schematics/designs for new and existing resistance welding machinery.
- Qualified candidates will exhibit proficiency in all aspects of industrial machinery controls design, including HMI, PLC and Servo technologies as well as experience in selecting sensors and components.
Job Location: Chattanooga, TN
- Develop drawings, design parts, specify components, route systems (hydraulic/electrical) and create assemblies
- Design, implement, and document control systems for various automated resistance welding equipment
- Produce shop-ready schematics using 2D CAD software (with close proximity to the machine build floor where your creations will come to life.)
- Ensure that equipment is designed and programmed to customer and/or Client build specifications using standard techniques and logical approaches
- Occasionally perform machine startup at customer’s facilities.
- Provide technical phone support.
• A degree Electrical / Electronic field.
• Minimum 8 years legitimate on-the-job EE experience/ training
• Proficient in all aspects of industrial machinery controls design, including HMI, PLC and Servo programming
• OEM Experience designing industrial machinery
• Experienced with sensor and component selection.
• Understanding of pneumatic systems including cylinders, valves, regulators & flow controls. •
• A background in Resistance Welding & PLC programming
• Troubleshooting and applying industry best practices