JOB TITLE DESCRIPTION:
The Paint Applications Manager or designate is responsible for managing and coordinating paint application activities and to ensure quality conformance to customer specifications at our Client.
This position Directly reports to: General Manager
Production Manager (FPP)
RESPONSIBILITIES AND AUTHORITIES:
- The responsibilities and authorities for this position include, but are certainly not limited to:
- Oversee the cleaning and maintenance of the P-Mix, gun caps, fluid lines, regulators, filters, etc.
- Review the monitoring of all robot-painting activities and to assist in adjustments as required
- Communicate daily process activities to the General Manager and maintain records of process changes and modifications
- Assist in creating paint application program for all incoming jobs as required
- Optimize the material usages throughout the paint system (FPP)
- Promote an atmosphere of team work at all times
- Ensure that a clean and safe work environment is always maintained
- Complete any other duties as assigned
- Ensure that sufficient resources are available for each department including training, safety requirements, personnel, work instructions, procedures, and related tools.
- Assist in any way to any employee, necessary to promote a successful operation emphasizing customer satisfaction
- Directs supervisors in maintaining positive employee relations and safe work environment
- Ensure that all employees receive proper training and understand all job tasks
HEALTH & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Paint Applications Manager is responsible for complying with the Company Health & Safety Program including Occupational Health & Safety Legislation, regulations, standards and Company Health & Safety policies. Reference: JDA-001 Management Health & Safety Responsibilities (Addendum to Management Job Descriptions).
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND/OR DESIGNATION REQUIREMENTS:
This position requires the following minimum education qualifications:
Must possess a secondary school diploma or equivalent, with preference given to those who have completed some or all of a College level program.
MINIMUM WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- This position requires the following minimum work experience qualifications:
- Minimum 2 years direct Supervisory experience in a Paint Facility or equivalent
- Understanding of expectations detailed through Organization Statements, Standards, Visions, Policies and Procedures (i.e. Mission, Values, Code of Conduct, Operational, Quality, and Environmental Health & Safety) as referenced in Employee Handbooks and communicated through Orientation and/or other training awareness opportunities
- Additional training requirements may be identified based on plant-specific location (municipality/province/state/country) and/or operational needs that are commensurate with the duties, expectations and responsibilities of the role within the specific plant
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a professional work ethic, both in appearance & demeanor
- Ability to perform well in high pressure situations
- Possess sound financial and business insights
- Meets expectation rating (rating score of 2 or 3) in all applicable Competencies as defined in the Performance Management Process.
- Access to reliable transportation
- Must be capable of performing the essential duties which include maximum safe lifts to the 75th percentile of the employee as determined by acceptable standards